CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Princesses, Purple, Ponies

I am now the proud father of two little girls.

Now I will have to start considering parenting girls seriously. I was thinking that if Mango had been a boy, the plan could be that I do the boy stuff and my bride can work on the girl stuff.

Well, I won't have the chance to test that plan. However, I have no reference point for the task at hand. My youngest sister is 10 years older than me. Most of my siblings have had boys for children. I did not witness the child-rearing of my 2 nieces and they are now adults. I am a pioneer in uncharted territory.

Reference Parent Prayers. Now I have two more things to ask God for my children. #1 not crazy about boys. #2 Not to turn out like Brittany Spears.

God reveals to us the type of people we are to be in His Word. I feel it His guidance is generally generic to human beings, but there are some specifics for girls. For now this is what comes to mind:


Genesis 2

Proverbs 31
Esther
Naomi
Ruth
Mary the mother of Jesus
Martha's sister Mary
1 Timothy 2:9-15

Who will I be as a father? What example will I be for my children? How will I grow each of them in God?

"The man with the two talents also came. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with two talents; see, I have gained two more.' "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'" Matthew 25: 22-23

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I believe she spells it "Britney."

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that you are going to double your girls?

Ron and Barbara said...

I don't know what to say... I'll think about it.

Theo said...

Sam, yes I think it is inevitable. Ha.