CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pink & Ponies Continued

I am remiss in failing to mention a few key women in my last post.

My wonderful bride. The girls' grandmothers. The girls' great-grandmothers (of whom I really only know one well - my paternal grandmother).

These God-fearing women will be amazing examples for my girls.

I just don't see the bridge between here and there. I envision my girls growing to be little replicas of their mother. I don't know how to nurture the development. Does it happen naturally? What is my role in this process?

So far, I've found my actions to be instinctive. I pray and act in faith. I trust that I am the father God deigned for these little ones.

But it's easy now. Diapers need changing. Babies are fed & held. I am the safety expert for installing car seats. I am wary of crazy drivers.

Scarier to me is their transition from childhood to adulthood. I want to grow now in preparation.

1 comments:

Colleen said...

Actually, I think I am the primary carseat installer...