CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Parent Prayers II

I have decided that I nearly completely missed the mark with my post parent prayers. In recent months I have determined that maybe I should be less concerned about what I will pray for my children than with what I will pray for myself. Matthew 7.

Not that I would cease praying for my children. Or less.

It's just that I've realized that my sense of responsibility to care for them by praying for them, by asking God to bless them and keep them safe, to hold them in His hands, to know and love Him, has blinded me to the work that God needs to continue to do in my own heart. I feel frustrated, impatient, irritable, and only God can fix those things.

So to my laundry list of prayers, I've added requests for me. To be:

Patient
Wise
Selfless
Committed
Imaginative

0 comments: